Cilantro Chile Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 Cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 3-4 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, or to taste
- 2 Serrano
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Small red onion, chopped
- 1 Medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Medium red , thinly sliced
- 2 Small zucchinis, halved lenght-wise and sliced
- 6 Eggs, beaten
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 Cup queso fresco or cotija
Cilantro Chile Sauce Directions:
In a blender, combine the 7 sauce ingredients, blend until very smooth, and set aside.
Set a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Add the onion and cook about 3 minutes. Add the bell pepper and sauté another 3 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium-low and layer theon top of the onion and bell pepper mixture. Add a few tablespoons of the cilantro chile sauce and season with salt and pepper. Cook about 5-7 minutes, stirring occacionally. Place the zucchini in a single layer on top of the and add adittional salt and pepper as desired. continue to cook until the are tender.
Turn the heat down to low and pour the eggs into the skillet. When the eggs have set up a bit, run a spatula around the edges of the skillet while tilting it so the uncooked egg will run to the underside and cook. Add additional sauce and cover the frittata a few minutes to finish cooking.
Posted by Lindsay