- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Teaspoons cayenne pepper, or to tatse
- 2 Teaspoons paprika
- 2 Teaspoons cumin
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 Cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 Pounds boneless sirloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 6-8 Slices bacon, cut into about 2 inches pieces
- 1 Onion, halved and cut into 6 wedges
- 2 Medium tomatoes cut into 1 inch pieces, or 10-15 cherry tomatoes
- 1 Red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 15-20 Small
- 10-15 Wood or metal skewers
In a blender, combine garlic, cayenne, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, and red wine vinegar, blending until smooth. With the blender running on low, add the olive oil slowly to emulsify the mixture.
Place thein a bowl and add the . Toss to coat the well with the . Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to 8 hours.
Prepare the grill, preheating to medium-high heat.
Thread the meat, bacon, onion, tomato, bell pepper, and mushroom onto the skewers, alternating as desired. For best results, place a bacon piece next to eachcube. Be sure to leave a little space between each item on the skewer.
Place kabobs on the grill and cook about 2-3 minutes per side, or 8-12 minutes in all.
Wrap in aluminum foil and let stand a few minutes before serving.
Posted by Lindsay