- 1 Chicken, cut into pieces
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Salt to Taste
- 8 Bacon Strips
- 3-4 Tablespoons Corn Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Onion, Finely Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Ginger, Minced
- 6 Cups Freshly Squeezed Orange Lime
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Clove
- 2 Tablespoons Chicken Bouillon Powder
- 1 1/2 Cups Canned Pineapple Chunks, with juice
- 2-3 White Potatoes, Cubed, optional
Combine flour, pepper and salt. Dredgepieces in the flour mixture. Shake off excess and set aside.
In a heavy-bottomed pot set over medium heat, cook the bacon strips. Remove and cool. Cut the strips into 1-inch pieces and set aside.
If necessary, add oil to the pot. Add thepieces, cooking until golden on all sides. Remove and set aside.
Saute the garlic, onion and ginger in the pot until tender.
Add the orange juice, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, clove, bouillon, pineapple chunks, and bacon pieces. While bringing the mixture to a boil, stir frequently and be sure to scrape the bottom of the pot.
Reduce heat to low and add brownedpieces and .
Cover and simmer about 30-40 minutes, or untilis cooked through and are tender.
Posted by Lindsay