- 3 Ancho Chile Peppers (if dried, rehydrate in hot water 15 minutes and remove stems)
- 1/3 Cup Chopped White Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 2 Tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar, or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth (or 2 Teaspoons Chicken Bouillon Powder dissolved in 1 Cup Hot Water)
- 8 Boneless Pork Chops, Sliced Pork Loin, or 6 Pork Chops
Add all ingredients exceptto a blender.
Blend to form a smooth purée.
Pour ancho chileover the , thoroughly coating all pieces.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
The following day, remove from fridge. You may choose to grill, broil, or pan-sear the.
Remove excess. Depending on the thickness of the , cook on one side 3-5 minutes, seasoning with a bit of salt if desired.
Flip and cook another 3-5 minutes.
Remove from heat, cover with foil, and let stand about 5 minutes.
Serve with rice, black, and warm tortillas, or as desired.
Posted by Lindsay