- 1 Medium White Onion, coarsely cut into wedges
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Low-Salt Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Maggi Jugo (Seasoning Sauce)
- Freshly Squeezed Juice from 3 to 4 Large Oranges
- Freshly Squeezed Juice from 2 Limes
- 1 Bottle of Dark Beer (Leon, Dos Equis, Bohemia, Negra Modelo, etc)
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 10 Grams Achiote Condiment Paste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Kilo Arrachera (Beef Skirt Steak)
- Sea Salt, to taste
Combine the first eleven ingredients (all the ingredients except the steak and salt). Stir to combine thoroughly, making sure the achiote paste is completely dissolved.
Submerge the strips of arrachera steak in the.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
The following day, remove the marinated arrachera from the fridge about an hour prior to cooking.
Remove the strips of arrachera from the.
You may choose to grill or sear the arrachera.
When juices start to appear on the surface of the steak, sprinkle with a little sea salt.
After a minute or two (once the salt starts to dissolve), flip the steak.
Grill or sear the other side for a couple of minutes, or to desired doneness. Season with a little salt before removing from heat.
Keep hot until ready to serve. Accompany with papas con rajas, avocado, grilled Cambray onions (Mexican Spring onions), avocado (or of your choice), and warm tortillas. Enjoy your arrachera tacos!
Posted by Lindsay