- 5 Tomatillos, husks removed and rinsed
- 2 Serrano Chile Peppers, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 Medium White Onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2-2/3 Cup Fresh Cilantro
- Juice from 1 Freshly Squeezed Lime
- 1/4 Teaspoon White Sugar
- Salt, to taste
Cut thein half and place them cut-side down on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Roast them under the oven broiler until the skins are lightly blackened, about 7 to 10 minutes.
Transfer roastedto a blender. Add the peppers, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and sugar. Blend until finely chopped. Season with salt to taste.
Servewith any entrée or with warm tortilla chips as a refreshing appetizer. This also goes in our Mexican Lasagna – try it!
posted by Lindsay