- 2 pounds Bayo Beans, sorted and rinsed
- 1/4-1/2 pound Bacon Strips
- 5 Large Green Onions or 1 Medium White Onion, diced
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1-2 Chile Peppers, minced
- Water (enough to cover while cooking)
- 2 Tablespoons Chicken Bouillon Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
In a large pot set over medium-high heat, fry bacon strips until done. Transfer bacon to a plate. When cool, cut the strips into about 1-inch pieces.
In the pot with the hot bacon grease, sauté the onion, garlic, and pepper over medium heat until tender.
Add theand enough water to cover them.
Turn the heat up to high and add the bacon pieces,bouillon, cumin, and black pepper, stirring to combine.
Once thebegin to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until are soft. Be sure to stir periodically, adding water if needed.
Whenare tender, add salt as desired.
Serve as a side dish to any entrée, and don’t forget it’s an important part of our Mexican Lasagna!
posted by Lindsay